Friday, September 28, 2007

Introduction to Northwest Book Buyer

Hello all and welcome to the first blog post of Northwest Book Buyer! Sorry about the confusion with the name but geographically it fit when I started my book collecting / antique book selling in Portland Oregon. Technically, one is always northwest of something...

The idea of this blog is to keep other bibliophiles up to date on what I have recently read, purchased, made available to purchase, sold, and heard about.

Most of the books and their descriptions will be available through my e-commerce store. I do want to keep one thing clear - the purpose of this blog is to inform and possibly educate; the purpose of my e-commerce store is to buy and sell highly collectible and rare books.

So bear with me as a blog is a new thing for me - I will most likely be posting new finds very soon, so check back often.

Things coming up for the fall season:

1st edition 1st printing of Clement C. Moore's "The Night Before Christmas" (actually called "A Visit from St. Nicholas") from December, 1857.

Early illustrated news articles describing the unsolved Whitechapel murders of 1888, also known "Jack the Ripper" from July - December 1888. (Very interesting illustrations). We are in the midst of the 119th anniversary of those horrific crimes (late August - October or November, 1888).

A very beautifully organized book of Italian Renaissance Painting from the 1950's. You really need to look at the illustrated tipped-in plates with this one - amazing!

1st edition serial 1st printing of Charles Dickens' "Bleak House" with full illustrations from 1852. Nicely rebound and in wonderful shape.

You'll see I'll have a little bit of everything.

No comments: